Monday, January 25, 2010

One of my very good friends is having a baby as I speak. I can't go until later when Dane gets home, so he can stay with Hollis. This reminds me of the gift of life that God gives us.The gift of eternal life, and the gift of life through our children on this Earth. How blessed we are. Not only do we get to have eternal life in heaven with the Almighty, but before that we get to experience new life. There is truly no better day than when your children are born.When we hold our little infants in our arms for the first time, we feel like we can conquer the world. There's nothing that can stop us. Remember Jesus was once an infant too. I'm sure Mary (especially since she didn't have any drugs...if she did I'm sure they were not as good as ours;)) felt the same way. Especially since she knew he was going to be the Savior of the world. How difficult it must have been for her to look at him knowing that one day he was going to be sacrificed so that even she,  could have eternal life. How wonderful it is that he paid our debt, and we can look at our own children praising Jesus that we don't have to one day see them be sacrificed. Here's a few pictures of my little man's journey through life thus far. Thank you Lord for my wonderful undeserved blessings!!!

                            Hollis and his Daddy. This was the cover of Dane's first father's day card.

Hollis showing off his muscles.


Little clean angel baby.


Our first official family picture.


Ain't he soo cute.


He smiled and laughed so early. I think he was four weeks when he first smiled.



He got just a little chubby.


Mommy and me. First Thanksgiving

You me and baby makes three!!


1 comment:

  1. Are ya'll ready for the big snowstorm of 2010? haha! Do you have any fun things you're making for the blizzard?

    ReplyDelete