Wednesday, January 13, 2010

On Sunday Ken talked about being a good steward, not just of your money but of your time and talents as well. I've been giving this a lot of thought. What about my talents? What talents? I know I'm good at hair, but it's not time for that in my life right now. It's time for me to raise my child[ren]. So what can I do? How can I be used, except for raising up soldiers for Him? I have a lot more time to give. When I was doing hair, it was my ministry. I have a lot praying to do. Wouldn't it be nice if the Lord would just drop everything in our laps? I know, if that was so, we wouldn't have to pursue a relationship with Him, and that would defeat the purpose of being here to glorify Him. There's a song that goes like this: "There are days, when I feel, the best of me is ready to begin. Then there are days when I feel I'm letting go and soaring on the wind." This describes perfectly how I'm feeling. I'm still trying to find my niche. This is a new era in my life. New everything. New "job", new house, new attitude. I must say, I'm enjoying this time of searching. Just a little. I know it will bring me closer to my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment