Monday, November 7, 2011

Jesus

    I'm just going to lay it all down. I want to share fully what the Lord has been doing in our lives. There have been sooo many things go wrong since we moved. I won't list them, just trust me. Most have been small things in the grand scheme of things, but big to us. Our world has been turned upside down. The security and comfort that we knew such a short time ago has been lost. Most of the issues have to do with money. Our house still has not sold. Aaah money. The root of all evil. Or as I like to say, the whole plant, not just the root. We have left our entire lives and moved up here with nobody. We don't have a "home". But, let me tell you.... There is light in our lives. His name is Jesus. He's our comforter.  He's our wonderful counselor. He's our friend. He's what we hold on to. We know that he'll bring us through. He brings joy to our lives through each other. Sometimes you have to go through the valley to see him clearer. To feel his breath on the back of your neck as you climb back up the mountain. Our marriage has grown by leaps and bounds. My patience with the children has grown. I have learned to let go and not sweat the small stuff. (I still have a loooong way to go on this one, but nonetheless, it's better.) I had become a little materialistic and would never have seen it even we hadn't moved here. We've learned the true value of friendships as we miss them soo much. We've had to work harder on family relationships since we're so far away, which results on closer bonds.. The peace that I've heard about my whole life yet never really experienced is with me. We've found a good church. The first and only one that we have visited! We attended a community group the other night. Everyone was extremely friendly. In fact, one of the SAHMs has already invited us for a playdate! So, though technically we are going through a valley, spiritually, we are on that mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment