Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Thankfulness

The past two years God has been showing me a lot about gratefulness. Thanking him for even the tiniest of things that you would never think to thank him for. Little things from "thank you for coffee ice cream" to big things like "thank you for my children". Just being in constant prayer to him, thanking him for every detail of my life. Now, I'm not a very quick habit maker. I'm stubborn. Also, it's hard to thank him for the bad things too, but that's what he's been showing me. "Thank me for every part of your life, good and bad, because you are on my path." PHEW, that's a hard one, Lord! These next few posts are going to be about the things that are easy for me to thank him for though. One post for each member of my little family and how they bless me (no particular order).

                           Thank you Lord for DANE:
  • Thank you that he can always bring my stress level down a notch and make me realize that it's not that bad.
  • Thank you that he's always trying to do what's absolutely best for our family. He takes such good care of us.
  • Thank you for his smile that lights up the room (for me anyway).
  • Thank you for his big strong arms that can wrap around me and make me forget all my troubles.
  • Thank you for the way he loves our children. What a loving father he is.
  • Thank you for his big heart that doesn't know how to say "no" to anyone. 
  • Thank you for the way he irritates me, for without this talent our arguments wouldn't end in laughter so often.
  • Thank you for his caring disposition that makes him likeable to everyone. 
  • Thank you for his laid back ways that have helped me relax so much over the years.
       Thank you Lord for Dane!!

No comments:

Post a Comment