Friday, March 25, 2011

I'm Back (who knows for how long)

I'm going to try this blogging thing again. I love reading others blogs, plus it does help you journal your life. That said....

   Things are all girly-fied around here because we are expecting our little girl, Leila, in April. We are sooooo excited! I have loved picking out all the girl clothes and accessories. She is truly a well dressed child already. I am really looking forward to a different kind of relationship with her than I have with Hollis. I will say that I am also a little nervous about it too. You see moms and teenage girls fighting on the TV all the time. I have someone on my side who knows what He is doing though. So, I will prayerfully approach all things teenager when that comes. Stay tuned to meet Leila.
     Hollis will be turning 2 in April also. Actually, my due date is April 23 and Hollis' birthday is April 29. Almost exactly 2 years apart! I know what you're thinking..... it was not planned that way. God has a perfect plan and this was it. I think that 2 years between them is great. My sister and I are and we've always gotten along great.
     So, now on to bragging mom time. My baby boy is so smart. Yes, I know, every mom thinks this, but people actually tell me EVERY day how smart and charming he is. He is not even 2. Here is a list of his skills:
  • He is potty trained. Still wearing a diaper at night and nap time.
  • He can recognize most of the alphabet.
  • He can recognize numbers from 1 to 10. He knows about numbers up to 20 or so.
  • He is so expressive. He really knows how to work voice inflections.
  • He is very funny. Dane says he's like a cartoon sometimes.
  • He's my little lovin' boy. That boy loves affection!
  • His communication skills are out of this world! He can even communicate with strangers and they will know what he's talking about.
  • He is very observant, he notices everything!
  • He's our little negotiator. He'll try to talk his way into everything. (This one you have to see to believe, because it's crazy. He's going to be a lawyer or something.) 
  • All in all, he's genius. ;)
     Thanks for tuning into brag fest. I could go on and on.

1 comment:

  1. I am so so glad you are back!! Please bring your preggo self up here--we will have to come down in May to visit the new addition!! And to see my baby H :)

    ReplyDelete