Monday, January 4, 2010

I'm watching Hollis play on the floor, dinner is cooking, I got most of the laundry done today, a lot has been accomplished. I was thinking today about the sermon on Sunday. He challenged us to build deeper relationships with our friends this year. He also challenged us to make sure that when we look back on 2010 that we can say we've grown spiritually. I must admit, I've kind of given up on friendships. I've always been the good friend and I got tired of being the one left behind. But, it's time for me to grow up, put myself back out there. Stop feeling sorry for myself and realize that people are human. There are areas in my life that I'm not good at. Friendship has now become one of them, because I made it so. {Wait! He just crawled!!!!!!! Hallelujah chorus!!!} So anyway, I'm going to work on building deeper friendships and getting to know my Savior more this year. Being a mother makes things like this just a little easier because we have to set the example. I want to be worthy of my children wanting to follow my example because I follow Christ. My desire to know my Savior is greater because of this. Having children changes your whole life doesn't it? It's the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment