Thursday, July 14, 2011

"The older you get the faster time goes"

We heard this statement so many times growing up as we were wishing for the school year to go faster, or wishing for our birthday to get here sooner. If you were like me you thought there was no way that was true. Now that we're older we find it to be oh so true. Where has the time gone?! I have a little boy who's speaking to me in complete sentences and a little girl who likes to sit up on her own in the bumbo. All day long I hear,"let me do it!", from a little boy who is finding his independence very exciting. He no longer needs me to take him to the potty, or feed him, or open the door, or any of those little things anymore. It is a bit of a relief as I have two children now, but it's also a little sad. I'm so proud of the little boy he's becoming though. He can be very polite. He loves his sister. He's an adventure seeker. He's a little stunt man. He's so handsome. Love that boy. Leila is becoming more beautiful every day. She's also learning to be more independent, playing longer on her floor mat and sitting in her bumbo. This girl is as sweet as they come. As long as she's fed and slept, she'll smile at you for days. Love that girl.
I find myself happier than I've ever been. That could be because of all the wonderful things in my life, but that's only a little sliver. I've always had wonderful things in my life. No, this is something deeper. Something that only He can teach us. It's called contentment. He's been teaching me a lifelong lesson about contentment. I'm finally starting to get it. What a patient God we serve! He's proven himself to me over and over. Love that God.

1 comment: