Tuesday, December 29, 2009



So, here it is, my very first post. What to say.. what to say. First, let me introduce myself. My name is Heather. I have a husband named Dane and a son named Hollis as you can tell from the title of this blog. I started this because I wanted a way to journal my new adventure of being a stay at home mom. Hollis is now 8 months old, so I'm still very new to the game. This has been the hardest 8 months of my life, but also the most rewarding. I'm still trying to find my "place in this world". Before being a mom I was a hairstylist for six years. I miss it dearly. The adult interaction, making people feel good about themselves, and the variety of each new day. People ask me all the time, "Do you miss doing hair?" I tell them, " A little, but I still get to do my family's hair". The truth is though, I miss it a lot! You see unlike, a lot of hairdressers, I actually went to beauty school because I wanted to! I say all this to say, I wouldn't trade staying home with my baby boy for anything. They're only young once. Every day that I get him out of bed and he hugs my neck is the most reward I could ever ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment